Ski Racing Victoria Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Ski Racing Victoria (SRV) is committed to providing and actively promoting a safe environment for children. SRV has zero tolerance towards child abuse, and is committed to protecting the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of all children. SRV acknowledges that children’s safety is a community responsibility, we all pay an important role in protecting children. Our commitment to the safety of children is based on our duty of care and responsibilities to children and always acting in the best interests of children.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our members and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- All allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety.
- Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
The seven Child Safe Standards support organisations that provide services to children to prevent child abuse, encourage reporting of abuse and increase the effectiveness of responses to allegations of child abuse.
Our Child Safe Statement of Commitment applies to all employees, volunteers, contractors, contract employees and members.