(Point Score Only) - must complete Rookie Driver Race History pdf form download at each point score and attach to your Race Day Report
A new driver to the sport
- Whilst racing rookie drivers must display a 25mm red stripe along the bottom of their number board. (Penalties apply for non-compliance).
- Rookies will be seeded to the outside of their grid. Please refer to the printed program and listen to PA announcement before each race as pole may change due to late entries. Penalties apply for starting in the wrong grid.
- A separate briefing for Rookie Drivers will be held after the main briefing.
A returning driver to the SRV Point Score Series
- New Drivers must compete at a minimum of 3 Point Score events with a minimum of 10 races completed before applying to the board to have their rookie status removed.
- The Rookie Driver race history sheet (download above) is to be completed at each Point Score and handed into the Chief Judge to sign off, this should then be lodged with your Race Day report.
- Once enough races are competed in an application in writing is to be made to SRV for removal from Rookie status. The SRV Board must be satisfied with the driver’s performance or more races may be required prior to approval.
following a period of 2 years or more where they have not competed at Point Score events as a driver.
A driver that has been re classified a rookie at the discretion of the SRV Board
- Returning drivers will be monitored and removed at the discretion of the SRV Board.
Any driver moving up to a forced induction engine
- Drivers reclassified a rookie will be monitored and removed at the discretion of the SRV Board.
will go back on Rookies while driving that boat
- Drivers of forced induction engines must compete at a minimum of 3 Point Score events with a minimum of 10 races completed before applying to the board to have their rookie status upgraded.